A Late House Tour

Since I never got around to posting my Christmas-Decorated House Tour, here is my house before Christmas.  Believe me, you wouldn’t want to see the messy post-Christmas tour now!

Welcome…

The table in the foyer.

Here is the only decorated part of my living room.

My dining room staged for my Caribbean Christmas Tablescape.

Here’s my kitchen when it was decorated for my Trees and Topiaries Table Setting.

And for my Christmas in the Country Tablescape.

And here are some Christmas cards hanging in my doorways…

I know it’s not a very creative (or neat) way to display them,

but hey, this is what I do.

Some gingerbread houses my kids decorated.

Can you guess which one was made by the 7 year old and the 4 1/2 year old?

A wreath in the kitchen window.

And onto the family room.

I was out of firewood and needed to fill the red container

so I took this wreath and these amaryllis flowers…

And made a quick Christmas arrangement.

We got this ornament at Disney last month.

Yes, we went there instead of the Caribbean this year…I am still crying…

No actually it was really a lot of fun!

The mantel started out like this..

Then I thought I wanted more red so I changed a few candles.

Normally, I switch out the artwork

for a red poinsettia wreath over the mantel,

but this year I was too lazy.  Oh well…

I know my Christmas decor isn’t very Caribbean inspired…sometimes I think my blog should be called Calypso AND the Country instead of Calypso IN the Country…oh well.  (Kind of like how I used to get confused between the title of the show, Sex and the City vs. Sex in the City…)

Thank you to everyone who has read my blog.  I look forward to sharing my ideas and stories with you in 2011.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season to you all!

Linking to:

Savvy Southern Style – Wow us Wednesdays

1. Maya @ Completely Coastal
    December 27, 2010 / 6:52 pm

Better late than never, right! It all looked wonderful. The gingerbread houses are adorable!! I feel Christmas went by so fast!!Thanks for participating in the Coastal Posts Linkup!!!

2. Kit
    December 27, 2010 / 11:56 pm

Your table was lovely! I love all the sea inspired items, since I love the sea (Oregon Coast) myself. Maybe next year, I will borrow some of your great ideas and add some sea items to my decor. Kit

3. Tricia@The Dull and the Dutiful
    December 27, 2010 / 11:57 pm

What lovely decorations! Very festive, yet not over-the-top. LOVE those gingerbread houses — and you'll be glad you preserved the results for posterity in photos!

4. Shelia
    December 28, 2010 / 12:33 am

Being late is just fine and especially since your tour was so wonderful! Love all the festiveness around your home!! Be a sweetie,shelia 😉

5. Mid-Atlantic Martha
    December 28, 2010 / 2:57 am

What a pretty tour — your front wreath is beautiful and I enjoyed seeing your tablescapes and the cute gingerbread houses. Looks like a fine Christmas at your home.

6. Sarah
    December 28, 2010 / 3:58 am

Your Christmas decor looks great. Thanks for the tour! Looks like you had a beautiful Christmas.

7. Americana Lady
    December 28, 2010 / 2:01 pm

I love how cranberries and a candle are so simple yet elegant! We have done Disney at Christmas too. I love it! Happy New Year, Joan

8. Richie's 2ts Inspires
    December 28, 2010 / 8:40 pm

Summing UP? Your house is a perfect home. Lovely with all decos.Greetings from chilly Stockholm,/chie

9. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    December 28, 2010 / 10:44 pm

Oh everything is just gorgeous. Your mantel is lovely, the tables are gorgeous and all of your decor is stunning. Everything looks so warm and inviting and not cluttered. That is an art. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

10. Coastalpines
    December 29, 2010 / 5:08 pm

Your home is lovely ~ I look forward to seeing more posts!

11. classic • casual • home
    December 29, 2010 / 7:20 pm

LOVE your table setting. I have those wicker chargers, too! So versatile. Makes me want to set the table. SUCH a pretty orchid in your heading…thanks for checking out my orchids. I am excited to follow your blog!Mary ann

12. Liz
    December 30, 2010 / 1:48 am

I think that your home look beautiful. You did a wonderful job coordinating all the tables and place settings! 🙂 Looks like you had a lovely Christmas! ~Liz Happy New Year!

13. Honey at 2805
    December 30, 2010 / 4:26 am

Your home is lovely. You have done a lovely job. I'm your newest friend and follower and hope that you will stop by. Wishing you a happy new year!