Dreaming of a Pink Christmas

As I mentioned in my previous post, ‘Not Enough Pink in My World‘, I could use some more pink in my house…

It all started when I found these lime green houndstooth place mats on sale at Pier One…

They look a little sage-y in this picture but they are actually more lime green…

Anyway, I was going to save them for spring and use them on the deck.  But then I thought, wait a minute, these would look great with a hot pink scarf from my closet.  I love pink and green together.  And if I added some sparkly ornaments, I could actually make pink work for Christmas.

Since the downstairs rooms in my house are warmer colors, I had a hard time figuring out where to “stage” my little card table.

I like the look of the white french doors in the background so I placed the table in the conservatory leading into the living room.  The walls are green (not lime) but it seemed like a good place.  It was also sunny in there that morning so I was able to get some natural light.  Just ignore the fact that I have no chairs set up at my little prop of a table!

My plates are not as white as the napkins, but hey, you work with what you have!

Just a few glass ornaments and some sparkle to tie the colors together…

So, what do you think?  Is it Christmasy enough?

Sources:

Placemats – Pier One

White tablecloth – Williams Sonoma (many years ago)

Hot Pink Scarf – New York and Co (year or two ago)

Plates – Mikasa Italian Countryside

Flatwear – Crate and Barrel (discontinued Roseanne pattern by Retroneu)

Napkins – Williams Sonoma (many years ago)

Glass hurricanes – Michael’s

Ornaments and silver poinsettas – Michael’s

Candlesticks – Tiffany and Co (wedding gift 12 years ago)

1. Mary
    December 16, 2010 / 2:30 am

What a fun table! The placemats are so cute, and I love how you have paired everything together with such cheerful ornaments! Very pretty!Mary

2. Sailing Simply
    December 16, 2010 / 2:57 am

Very cute! I love the bright colors. They seem to be quite Christmasy lately. It looks so very cheery!

3. Aledia
    December 16, 2010 / 5:34 am

Hi! I am your newest follower and I just love your table setting. The colors are beautiful and the setting is so intimate, thank you for sharing and have a blessed week!

4. Anonymous
    December 16, 2010 / 1:51 pm

This is so much fun! We're already had 3 snowstorms here and it's not even officially winter yet, so these bright punches of color are working for me today! 🙂 I like how you added the poinsetta to the napking too.

5. Laura Ingalls Gunn
    December 16, 2010 / 3:55 pm

Your entire tabletop makes me feel very merry and bright!Seasons greetings to you.

6. Tricia@The Dull and the Dutiful
    December 16, 2010 / 5:42 pm

This is completely adorable! I love how you've built such a fun table around those placemats — adding the bright ornaments definitely makes it Christmas-y!

7. A Delightful Design
    December 16, 2010 / 9:48 pm

This is fantastic! I love it. Now you have mr thinking how I can get more pink in here for spring. Hmmm. Abby

8. Mid-Atlantic Martha
    December 16, 2010 / 10:57 pm

A wonderful non-traditional Christmas table — I love pink and green – you could make this work for any time of year. Pretty!

9. Cristin @ Simplified Bee
    December 17, 2010 / 12:56 am

So pretty! Love this color combo.Thanks too for being my 900th follower… made my day!xo,cristin

10. Mimi
    December 17, 2010 / 2:40 am

I do like your pink and green non-traditional Christmas table!

11. Entertaining Women
    December 18, 2010 / 1:48 am

This is a marvelous take on Christmas….you can NEVER go wrong with pink and green…any time of the year. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay