Christmas in the Country Tablescape

Here is my second attempt at a tablescape for Susan’s Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

I would have liked to use these Johnson Bros plates but I only have 4.

Sources:

Checked Tablecloth – Linens and Things (a long time ago)

Plates – Mikasa Italian Countryside

Stainless Flatware – Retroneu Rosanne (discontinued from Crate & Barrel about 10 years ago)

Chargers – Pier One (this year)

Napkins- Ralph Lauren (probably 10 years ago)

Burlap – a garden center

Glass Hurricane Candle Holders – Southern Living at Home (5 or 6 years ago)

Star woven basket – Pier One (this year)

Metal Star decorations – Michael’s (this year)

Small votive candleholders – Southern Living at Home (4 or 5 years ago)

Wine Glasses – Crate and Barrel (10-12 years ago)

Christmas Tree dishes on wall – Johnson Bros Old Britain Castles from Marshall’s (last year)

1. A Delightful Design
    December 9, 2010 / 1:33 pm

That turned out beautifully! I love the burlap and the wooden candlesticks. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm your latest follower. :-)abby

2. Barbara
    December 9, 2010 / 5:31 pm

Oh, I just love this table. I like the burlap on the checked cloth. The star accents look so good. I like the ornament on each place. I use my rattan chargers from Pier One all the time. I am so glad I finally got them. I like your star basket with the pinecones and ornaments.

3. Vittle me this...
    December 9, 2010 / 8:32 pm

Very nice!

4. Rene
    December 10, 2010 / 11:42 am

Your table looks very pretty. My mom just found a stack of Johnson Brothers china for a steal. It is the winter scene and I love it. Good luck with finding more.-Rene

5. Alycia Nichols
    December 11, 2010 / 2:42 am

Doesn't it just burn your bread when you can't find but 4 of a set? Those Johnson Brothers plates are so great for Christmas! Maybe you can use them and just do plain white plates at the table ends. It's a shame to let them languish…they're just too pretty!!!

6. Mimi
    December 11, 2010 / 3:12 am

Beautiful table…I have always liked tan with red. Love the candle holders!

7. Entertaining Women
    December 12, 2010 / 6:16 am

Your used the Johnson Brothers well on your plate rack. Your tablescape is lovely. I like the use of the natural texture burlap runner with the red check cloth. It all works together for a great country Christmas vignette. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

8. Anonymous
    December 12, 2010 / 7:02 pm

The mixture of textures in your tablescape is so nice and I like the way you added an ornament on each plate. A very welcoming, cozy, festive tablescape!

9. Sarah @ Modern Country Style
    April 18, 2011 / 6:52 pm

I am jealous, jealous, jealous of your gorgeous table cloth. I love the size of the gingham checks. Not too big. Not too small. M y idea of a perfect tablecloth!!Sarahx